Zoom - Craft Group - September (Physical and Zoom Options)
Time & Location
About the Event
This face-to-face meeting will be hosted at Jasmine’s flat in Surbiton, not far from our old haunt, Wags and Tails. Please note that Jasmine’s flat is up two flights of stairs, but there is no lift available.
For this month’s meeting we’re going to meet face-to-face for scrap paper and material art. You’re also welcome to bring along your own projects and join for a natter. Members who are unable to meet face-to-face will still be able to join via Zoom (link below).
We came up with lots of ideas for future projects at our brainstorming session in August, one of which was scrap paper and material art. The Maple Village craft box is full of all material samples and coloured card and paper. These could be used for making greetings cards, origami gift boxes, patchwork art, bookmarks, garlands, brooches - the choice is yours! Card, craft knives, glue, material samples and other bits and pieces will be provided, but you may wish to bring your own scissors/needles to make sure you have everything you need for your own creation. If you have some materials at home that you’d really like to use then feel free to bring them with you.
While COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, we will still be taking precautions to reduce the risk of transmission:
· Please don’t arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before the event start time.
· Please give each other plenty of space when arriving and throughout the evening.
· Additional hand sanitiser and wipes will be provided by Jasmine at her flat.
· Jasmine will sanitise the chairs and other surfaces before members arrive and keep the room well-ventilated.
· You will be welcome to use the toilet if you need it.
· If you are symptomatic of COVID-19, been advised to isolate by NHS Test and Trace, self-isolating or awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, then please stay at home or attend the event via Zoom, where possible
· If you experience any Covid-19 symptoms within seven days of attending a WI in-person event or activity, you must get a PCR test. If you test positive you must inform the Secretary or President.
· If you experience any Covid-19 symptoms you must get a PCR test. If you test positive and have attended an in-person WI meeting or activity within the last seven days you must inform the Secretary or President.
· It is recommended that members carry out a rapid lateral flow test before attending a meeting to ensure they are not unknowingly infected with Covid
· Members who are clinically at high-risk are advised to decide carefully whether attending face-to-face is a safe option for them in the chosen venue and situation.
· Members are encouraged to continue to wear masks when attending the meeting if they wish to do so but this is not obligatory (unless specified by the venue). Please respect the choices made by the attendees in this regard.
· All members attending are advised to bring hand sanitiser with them and to use it at regular intervals during the event.
· Members are advised to bring their own packet of appropriate wipes to wipe surfaces in venue toilets.
· Please note that the names and contact details of all attendees will be recorded to ensure that in the event we are notified of a positive Covid-19 test either from a Member or the Venue we will notify all of the attendees.
Join us at Craft Group. All members welcome and please feel free to bring along your own projects and join us for a natter if you prefer.
To join, go to your Zoom app and enter Meeting ID: 835-7556-2968
Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83575562968 Your Meeting ID is 835-7556-2968
If you need any tech help to join in, please let us know!