Subsidised Event - Christmas Wreath Making
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a festive crafty evening. Josy Posy (who has taught us wreaths and hand tied bouquets before) will be back to guide us through making our own traditional moss wreaths.
This event is heavily subsidised for members only and tickets will be on sale from Wednesday 10th November. The cost is just £15 per person and spaces are limited. Maple Village WI will subsidise the rest from all our hard earned jam profits!
All materials will be supplied including all the wreath bases, moss, backing and mossing pegs, twine and foliage.
You will need to bring:
- Gloves if you prefer to wear them
- A pair of secateurs or sharp scissors
- Any additional foliage you fancy i.e. holly (optional)
- Decorations, ribbon and/or lights to personalise your wreath.
Ideas for personalisation - dried orange slices, cinnamon sticks, baubles, bows, tree decorations, wreath picks, berries etc.
Your space will be confirmed once payment has been received.
Health & Safety - Allergic Reactions.
Members with allergies are reminded to check with the Wreath Making tutor to ensure plant items will not cause allergic reactions
While COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, we will still be taking precautions to reduce the risk of transmission during physical events:
· If you are symptomatic of COVID-19, been advised to isolate by NHS Test and Trace, self-isolating or awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, then please stay at home or attend the event via Zoom, where possible.
· If you experience any Covid-19 symptoms within seven days of attending a WI in-person event or activity, you must get a PCR test. If you test positive you must inform the Secretary or President.
· It is recommended that members carry out a rapid lateral flow test before attending a meeting to ensure they are not unknowingly infected with Covid.
· Members who are clinically at high-risk are advised to decide carefully whether attending face-to-face is a safe option for them in the chosen venue and situation.
· Members are encouraged to continue to wear masks when attending the meeting if they wish to do so, but this is not obligatory (unless specified by the venue). Please respect the choices made by the attendees in this regard.
· All members attending are advised to bring hand-sanitiser with them and to use it at regular intervals during the event.
· Members are advised to bring their own packet of appropriate wipes to wipe surfaces in venue toilets.
· Please note that the names and contact details of all attendees will be recorded to ensure that in the event we are notified of a positive Covid-19 test either from a Member or the Venue we will notify all of the attendees.
- Member Wreath Making£15£150£0